Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dresser Re-Do & Announcement!

Good morning & Happy Tuesday everyone!

I hope you're enjoying some really nice
summer weather?  We've finally had some
rain the last couple of nights, which is great
for lowering the temps out of the near 100's,
making it much easier for painting..

I finished a 9 drawer dresser this morning!

Here's the before:




I had already taken the drawers out
before I took a picture..
But, I'm sure we all know
what this dresser looks like
with the drawers in?!

Here's the afters!!




Painted in
Bermuda Sand by Valspar (Matte finish)










From that.... to this!




~

And, now my announcement:

I am opening a booth in
an antique store!!!

I'm sure it goes without saying,
I'm pretty nervous.. and excited!

Mr. Ruffles & I will be
hauling the furniture
to the store on July 1st.

It's pretty nerve-racking because
while I love what I do, and I
do think I'm pretty good at it..
I've seen some really fabulous
booths in blogland, and in person,
and I'm really hoping that mine
look as good!!

I've really had alot of fun
creating in my sewing room
painting in the garage, and I really
don't want to stop...

Soooo, I have all my fingers
and all my toes crossed
that I do well.

Mr. Ruffles, my biggest fan,
of course just says, "Duh, you'll do fine."
(Sometimes he can be such a DORK!! LOL)

I think he's just happy he
gets most of the garage back..


So, if you're in the Wildwood, Florida
area sometime, my booth will be
located at:

Traditions Antique Mall
3107 E State Road 44
Wildwood, FL

I will take pictures this weekend
to show you all..

I also wanted to thank each
and every one of you for your support
and encouraging comments you've
left on my blog and in emails
in the past few months.

I'm so very lucky to have you all in my life!!

Thanks!




Linking up at:

13 comments:

  1. Hey congrats on the booth!!!!
    How fun, can't wait to see some pictures!!

    Great dresser too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! Lovely transformations! Thanks for sharing. You got a great space here.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tynk, So nice to meet you and thank you for your kind words. I'm in love with your dresser...incredible transformation (can you tell I love creams and white)LOL!! you did a beautiful job...Congratulations on taking a booth! You are going to be fabulous in your space and I know you will absolutely love it!!
    Best of luck to you and I can't wait to see pics...wish I lived closer!
    Happy White Wednesday!
    xo
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies!! Thanks so much, it means the world to me to hear words of encouragement.. I am a bundle of nerves today.. LOL

    I hope it really IS alot of fun, I can't wait to start!! Wish ya'll lived closer to me too!! We'd all go out for celebration/calm my nerves drinks after!!

    Hugs, Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bit of work, some paint and creative talent and look what you can do ! Your booth will be wonderful and do well I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your makeover of the dresser. You've done a great job! Looks fab.
    I live in Florida too, but not very close to where you are...wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Francie and Neha! Your words of encouragement mean the world to me. I tell ya, though, right now I am totally exhausted. I can barely keep my eyes open! It'll be good when I finally have everything in the booth and can relax a bit. :)

    Neha, what part of FL are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous makeover! and i love the name of the paint color- that would sell me on the color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new venture, you are a very crafty and creative person...you will do fine!!! Just look at that gorgeous dresser!
    It is nerve wracking to start a new antique booth, I started mine on June 1st and am still trying to fill the room...lol
    But I do have to say that I've been having a blast finding goodies and prepping them to sell.

    We should all visit each others antique booths!!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cassie, thanks so much!! I had to laugh a little bit at your comment about the paint color... I thought the SAME thing when I read it and saw it.. I was SOLD!! LOL

    Sylvia, Thankyou darlin'!! I'm thinking I will do ok too, it's just wearin' on my nerves. Hopefully in a year I can look back on this post and laugh at myself, ya know?!

    Congrats on opening your booth too!! That's so awesome! I would LOVE to visit your booth! Maybe we should all plan a road trip and circle Florida visiting everyones booth! That would be a riot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dresser looks beautiful and I love the latest vanity. Your pieces are always so polished, I know you'll do well in your new booth. Congrats on the new adventure and please keep us updated on how everything goes. I would love to hear about your success :)!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya Emily! Thankyou so much :) I can't wait to get my stuff in my new booth and take pictures to show ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great makeover--what a beautiful chest. Good luck with your booth sales! Thanks for linking this post to Share the Love Wednesday; hope you'll be back this week--
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I'd love to know what you think.
Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...