Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sleep Tight

Ok, so.. bear with me as I try
this new blogger layout thing.
I'm really not a creature of change..
I like to stick to what I know.
I'm still not even very impressed with
the new Facebook layout... now this?

ARGH!! LOL

Hopefully when I'm done writing this
and I hit "Publish" it'll look like I meant
to have it look that way!

Here we go!!

I was quite inspired and facinated with
the signs over at My *Pink* Life blog.
She has made some really awesome
signs out of wood.

I picked up 4 of these wood slats
at a store that was going out of business
near my house.  I'm pretty sure they
went to a bookcase...


I gave them all a good bath.
Let them dry.
Then, painted 1 coat of white on.

I typed out the letters in Word.
The printed them off.

I then used carbon paper
to trace the words onto the wood.

After all that.. I then used a small
paintbrush and black paint to
paint the words onto the wood.

And, came up with this:




Close up:




~ Sherri ~

PS: I just hit publish and
looked at my blog post..
Guess the change isn't so bad..
I can't tell the difference.. hehe


2 comments:

  1. You did a great job painting on those words. Looks fantastic! Love the font.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Sherri! I have a couple boards I'm saving to put something on them. I just can't figure out what to say!!
    I love the weather we have been having!!

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I'd love to know what you think.
Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...