Sunday, March 6, 2011

DML Flea Market Trip

Mornin' ya'll! I thought I'd share a couple of photos of my "finds" to my trip to DML Flea Market.  My day started out with driving out to a couple of community yard sales, when I arrived there were only 2 garage/yard sales going on! And, nothing to really speak of to nab.  So I drove out to my favorite "flea market".  I put it in quotes because it's really not a normal flea market.  It's more of a huge warehouse garage sale type place.  LOTS of big and small goodies, including glass, lamps, craft supplies, wood, some furniture, knick knacks.. what-have-ya type store/warehouse. I LOVE it there.  I can usually get lost for at least 2 hours each time I visit..

Anyway, here's what I found on this trip:

Really HEAVY weaved basket, marked "Made in Italy", planter with the holes (I have a couple of plates and a cake stand with these holes.. and thread colored or white ribbon through them. I will do the same for the planter shown here.) 2 huge shells for my beach themed lanai, a holly hobby wall plate, 2 glass candle holders, an embroidered vintage towel and hanky, some cherub decorations (50 cents!) a sweet little white birdie and a really cute wire plant holder that looks like a tea cart to me.


I will be spray painting this little "cart" white, of course!


"Start Each Day in a Happy Way"



Total cost for this trip and my new little trinkets: $22!

9 comments:

  1. Hello Tynk,
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment. I am still not feeling quite back to normal (whatever that is) but I am back to work and already thinking about when I can take a vacation again.
    You found some great treasures!!! Love it
    Have a great day!!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzann.. oh no! Sorry you're still not feeling 100%. I'm ALWAYS thinking of when I can take another vacation!! Except reality of my busy life reminds me every day I have to keep waiting.. sigh..

    Hope you have a great night! :-)
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the seashells and the cart! And the basket from Italy, haha. Keep posting finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ashley, and nice to meet you! I can't wait to find some extra time to go "hunting" again!! Seems my days are getting shorter and shorter.. Can't wait for summertime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the little cart is so cute, that sounds like my kind of place to shop!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun finds!
    Rene
    Thank you for the visit and sweet anniversary wishes...we had a wonderful time together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Carol and Rene! Thanks for commenting, yeah, I can't wait to plant some herbs in that planter.. and, of course, paint her white!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just noticed you live in Kissimmee I live downtown Orlando, I am your newest follower, got to keep track of a local girl! Thanks for entering the apron giveaway, Annie gets a lot of her fabric at local California quilt shops, but also online at a website called 5 bucks a yard. Good luck, hope you win!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol, we actually just moved to the Mt. Dora area. Still pretty close to you! LOVE the aprons that Annie makes, they are sooo pretty!!

    Thanks so much for the clue of where to find fabric.. I checked it out this morning, great site! I have a few favorites checked already :)

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I'd love to know what you think.
Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...