Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cake -n- Candlestick

On my trip to Michigan a few weeks ago, I picked up this "fake cake" at one of my absolute favorite stores Warmbler Farms. Everytime I go to Michigan, I make SURE I stop here.. this store is a virtual paradise for decorators.. this place has every theme from beachy, shabby, roosters, outdoor decor, fairys, floral and sooo much more!  I'm still waiting for them to open an online shop, but, for now, I have to wait for my trips.


This "fake cake" looks soooo real!! So delicious and yummy, I thought it'd be so adorable on my cake plate I picked up at DML a few months ago.. I was right! $22 bucks is all to adorn my cake plate inside my hutch.


I also have a before an after of a fairly large candle holder. I bought it at goodwill for $2.99.


There are some pretty awesome carvings and details in this:



A little white paint later ... and now look!!!




Before and After:



Linking to:
Faded Charm Cottage for White Wednesday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

8 comments:

  1. That faux cake is awesome on your pretty pedestal! And the candlestick is just stunning! Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do!!!

    Happy White Wednesday!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi: Love what you did to the candle holder. Great idea. Just became a follower. Enjoying your blog. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Ladies! Thanks a bunch :) Isn't the faux cake just the cutest thing? They sold others; like chocolate with raspberries on, I so wanted to get one of those too.. but, the dark brown of chocolate doesn't go with any of my decorating. Nevertheless.. love my cream colored one!

    Thanks for following too, Martha. Going to check out yours!

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen such a real faux cake 0 calories!I create cake boxes with vintage bits and pieces this is yummy ..love the makeover on the candle stick too!Thank you for sharing..beautiful post and blog..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great before and after! I love what a little white paint can do! I feel a project coming on. Now following! Hope you'll visit me!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't that cake just look yummy and edible? Crazy!! Thanks for stopping by, and I'm off to visit both of your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh-la-la! Love it in white!
    So beautiful!!

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I'd love to know what you think.
Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...