Monday, April 18, 2011

Aged Cherub

Happy Monday ya'll!! Mondays are happy.. right? Well, they are for me, especially after seeing how my first attempt at "aging" a cherub ended up.  I'm pretty happy with the result!

I "snagged" borrowed the idea from:
Thankyou for the awesome tutorial!!

Although, when I started, I didn't print out her directions and bring with me in the garage, I attempted to just remember.. I didn't use quite the same colors, I didn't use glaze; I used stain instead, and the steps I took were a bit different.. but, ended up pretty much the same.

This cherub started out totally white (if ya know me, you'd think I was crazy to paint anything that was already white!! LOL) but, I really wanted to try this out. Yep, I forgot the before pic.. grrr... But, here's the afters:


I started with French Blue, then dry brushed white. After dry brushing I added stain to the creases and wiped out the excess right away. After staining, I added another coat of white dry brushing.


This sweet aged cherub took FOREVER to dry!!
But, well worth the wait.


Linking up at:
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Sassy Sites for Trash to Treasure
Creating a House of Grace for Twice Owned Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I'd love to know what you think.
Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...